About Windy Hills
Windy Hills Golf Course was built in 1995, starting as a 9 hole course, but expanded to 18 holes in 1997. The course was built on the hilly banks of the Battenkill River and frequent changes in elevation and undulating greens are a feature of the course. Fairways tend to be wide and open with only a few tightly controlled tee shots required to score well.
The course plays 4920 yards from the Ladies Tees, 5326 yards from the gold tees and 6023 yards from the white tees. There is a practice putting green, driving range, and the club house offers well priced refreshments.
Par for the course is 71 with four par 5’s and five challenging par threes.
The ratings for the 3 tees are:
USGA Course Rating USGA Slope Rating
White 69.5 117
Red 69.6 112
Gold 66.2 109
USGA Rules Govern All Play Except for the Following:
1. In course out of bounds marked by white stakes on right of 5th hole.
2. If ball hits wires on 4th hole the shot may be replayed— no penalty.
3. Colored discs on sides of fairway measured to center of green.
4. Keep carts on blacktop paths at all times and minimum of 30 feet from greens and tees. Only 2 riders and bags per cart.
5. Alcoholic beverages must be purchased in the clubhouse. No glass bottles allowed on the course.
6. Each player must have a set of clubs.
7. Maximum of 4 players per group. Any groups of five will play as 2 and 3 or will be asked to leave immediately.